Gather all equipment needed for your FastCapture session and lay it in front of you. You will need the following items: (Please see this article for full details about recommend equipment)
- Digital Camera (Casting Networks suggests the Canon VIXIA HF R800)
- HDMI Cable (Be sure to check if you need a standard HDMI cable or a Mini HDMI to Standard HDMI - You can check what kind of cable is necessary based on your camera)
- Converter Box (Casting Networks suggests and supports the Magewell - Please note this suggested item comes with a USB 3.0 cable, necessary to connect the Converter box to your computer)
- Mac Computer/Laptop (Please note: You must be running macOS Big Sur or newer for FastCapture to run on your device.)
Other Items you might need based on your needs/preferences:
- Additional HDMI Cables
- Tripod for your Digital Camera
- USB-C to USB-A Converter
- Other Converters as necessary
Setting up your FastCapture system
- When starting each FastCapture Session, you will always want to start by plugging things in from the camera, working towards your computer.
- Start by mounting your Digital Camera in your desired position. Once there, locate your proper HDMI Out port on your camera and plug in one end of the HDMI Cable.
- Next you will need to locate your Converter box and plug that same HDMI cable from your camera into your converter box.
- Next you will need to go from your converter box into your computer. This is most commonly done via USB cable. Please Note: Most new Mac Computers/ Laptops only have USB-C ports and you may need to purchase a USB-C to USB-A converter to plug in your converter box.
Finally you will need to open your FastCapture application and log in to your account with your Casting Networks email address and password.
- Once you are logged in to Casting Networks, set the FastCapture video and audio input settings to the external camera/converter box you have just set up.
- You may need to disable onscreen information from your video camera. If you can see the onscreen information in the FastCapture window, that information will be recorded and uploaded to Casting Networks.
- If there is a schedule, you can import it into the talent pool.
- Now you can begin your FastCapture Session!