Editing and Cloning Media Requests
Things you can do WITHOUT cloning a media request:
- Change the due date!
- Add/update sides to a role and this will automatically update the sides on the requests.
- Messages can still be sent to New and Pending Requests if you need to share any updates!
If you need to edit a sent Media Request you will need to first clone the request. If you are going to clone a request to make edits, we suggest that you first CANCEL the original request. When you cancel the original request you can include a message letting the recipients know that a new request will be sent! Canceling the original request first will prevent talent from responding to the original (incorrect) request.
Another use case for the cloning tool would be if you sent a request and meant to request video and audio but accidentally only selected video on the original request. You can now clone the original and simply switch the media request type to audio.
*Note, any media uploaded from the original request will not appear in the cloned requests session.
To clone an existing request:
Click on the project name
Click on Requests below the project name
Click on the Original Request you want to clone
Select CLONE REQUEST
- A window will pop up and you can select which talent you'd like to include in the new request.
- All, Send & Pending, Confirmed, Declined, Completed
- All are selected by default
- There are counts next to each status to let you know how many of each will be present in the new request
- Select CLONE. All fields on cloned requests are pre-populated with the data from the original request and you can edit any information you need or add/remove talent.
- Once the request is updated select Send Cloned Request.
Your Cloned request will now function as a normal media request. We do suggest that you first CANCEL the original request prior to cloning and sending a new one, to avoid talent and agents having multiple open requests for your project.
Here is a video describing the process: