Talent have the ability to indicate if they'd like to do extras work on their profile. This won't be visible on your profile, but you'll appear in searches based on what you've selected. Additionally, you're able to update your email notifications to include background roles.
Please note: Central Casting profiles are no longer supported by the Casting Networks software. Instead, we recommend creating a personal profile. For steps on how to create a personal profile, click here.
Click to jump:
- Steps to indicate you're interested in extras work on your personal profile
- Steps to update email notifications to receive background work
Steps to indicate you're interested in extras work on your personal profile
Indicate you're interested in extras work:
1. Go to the Your Profile Page
2. Go to the Role Preferences section
3. Click Edit to the right of the 'Extras Work' section
Please note: If you indicate interest in Extras work, you will appear in Extras Casting Directors’ searches
Steps to update email notifications to receive background work
Update email notifications to receive background work:
1. Hover over the talent's name on the top right corner
2. Hover over Account Settings, then select Notification Settings
3. Choose which talent you're adjusting email notifications for
4. Click Edit under the 'Project Type Alerts' section
5. Select Background to start receiving email notifications for background (extras) work
6. When ready, scroll down and select Save changes to save your project type alerts
- What is a personal profile? Do I need one?
- I only want to receive notifications for specific types of projects. How do I do that?
- How do I change my email notifications preferences?
- How do I edit my talent profile?