Congratulations! A casting director reviewed your submission and wants to see more from you.
Click to jump to section:
- How to Reply to a Media Request
- Does the media have to be in my Media Bank for me to submit it to a Media Request?
- Can I rename the audio clip or video reel I just uploaded to a Media Request?
- How can I change my response to a Media Request?
- How many photos/videos/audio clips can I upload to a Media Request?
- Uploading Media To your Media Bank
How to Reply to a Media Request
To reply to a Media Request (ie. upload your self-tapes), follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Casting Networks Account
- Go to Your Alerts and select the Media Request you'd like to view. All Media Requests will be available on the "Your Alerts" page.
- Take a moment to carefully review any instructions provided by the casting team. They might include extra sides or information as a hyperlink in the left-hand column of the request page.
* In cases involving auditions that require mimed action, it's often normal for sides not to be provided. It's crucial to thoroughly review the instructions section to gain a clear understanding of casting's specific requirements.
After carefully reviewing both the instructions and sides, your next step is to choose either "Confirm" or "Decline" from the options presented on the right-hand column.
* This response can be edited after being Confirmed/Declined.
- (a) When Confirm is clicked, you'll have an opportunity to attach the files requested by casting.
(b) You can select files either from your Media Bank or Your Device.
* Please be aware that if you choose to decline the media request, there won't be an opportunity to include a note for the Casting team. Your response will be directly forwarded to them.
Once your file(s) has been uploaded, you will have the option to rename a video or audio clip. You can do this by clicking on "Rename" located under the title of the respective video or audio clip before sending it. (Please keep in mind that once it is sent, you will no longer have the ability to rename it.)
Important Note: In case you select the incorrect file by mistake, you can click on the menu (represented by three dots) adjacent to the file. From there, you can choose the "Delete" option to eliminate the file from the media request.
- Casting might offer a section where you can include any additional information relevant to the request. Typically, this step is optional, however, we recommend carefully reviewing the instructions to ensure you meet any specific requirements mentioned.
(Note: The opportunity to add a note, if made available by Casting, will appear after you've uploaded your media content.)
- Click "Send" to forward your media to the casting team. After your media has been successfully submitted, a green banner will appear, confirming your submission. You'll also notice an additional permanent banner confirming the date on which you responded to the request.
- Once your media is sent, please note that you won't have the option to edit your submission.
- You can expect to be contacted by either your representative or the casting team if they intend to proceed further with you for the project.
Does the media have to be in my Media Bank for me to submit it to a Media Request?
No. It's important to note that you have options when responding to a Media Request. You can either attach your media from your existing Media Bank or directly from the device you are currently using by selecting "From Device." This flexibility proves especially useful if a casting director requests specific media that you prefer not to upload onto your profile.
Can I rename the audio clip or video reel I just uploaded to a Media Request?
Yes! To rename your audio or video attachment:
- Click Rename beneath the media thumbnail
- Rename or edit the title
- Click Save
* Renaming the video or audio clip will only rename the file in a specific request and will not affect the name of the clip in your media bank. This extends to any document files you upload to the Media Request as well.
How can I change my response to a Media Request?
- If you've accidentally declined your request and wish to Confirm it and upload your media, you would click the Confirm button, enter your optional note, and hit Send. You will then have an option to attach your media.
- You can follow the same process if you wish to Decline the request after you have confirmed it. Click Decline, send your optional note, and hit Send.
How many photos/videos/audio clips can I upload to a Media Request?
- You can attach a maximum number of 10 media clips or photos to any request. There may be instructions from a casting director asking for a specific number of clips or photos, so make sure to look at the notes on any request.
Uploading Media To your Media Bank
For information on uploading media to your Media Bank, see the following article: