1. What is included in my storage space?
Storage includes all media on your account such as photos, videos, and audio reels. This also includes media submitted via media request or requested submission media (self-tapes, selfies), as well as all media on the profile.
2. What are the differences in storage between each membership?
- The Free Basic membership allows for 350 MB of storage.
- The Essential offer 1 GB of storage.
- The Premium membership includes 3.5 GB of storage which is currently unrestricted
3. Are the storage limits based on account, artist or profile?
Just like memberships, storage limits are tied to each individual artist and not the account or profile.
4. What happens to media I have previously purchased? Will this count towards my storage space?
- No, a la carte media will become grandfathered media and is permanently unlocked and, will be excluded from storage space.
- A la carte media cannot be swapped, as they are not included in the storage space. You can, however, archive/ delete the media, but not replace it.
- If the media is deleted it is irretrievable. Therefore make sure you are certain you would like to delete media before removing it.
5. Can my representative upload media to my profile, and if they do will it count towards my storage space?
- Yes, a Rep will be able to upload media to your profile. ONLY IF you have enough available storage space.
- Media uploaded by your representative counts towards the storage space on your account.
- Representatives will not be able to delete or manage your storage space
6. What are the guidelines for swapping out media?
Media can be swapped after 21 days from the initial upload. An "Eligible for Archival" date will be visible by the media to inform you how many days until the media can be archived. Once the media is archived you will be able to upload new media in its place.
7. Why is there 21 day waiting period to swap out media?
- The casting ecosystem involves many people viewing and interacting with media over the course of a project. We keep media in an active state after upload to ensure that everyone involved in a project has access to the media.
- Media uploaded to Casting Networks incurs cost for the platform to transform, check, and store the media while making it available to other parts of the ecosystem. Our policies serve to ensure pricing aligns with the costs incurred to the platform so that we can continue providing this service
8. What do I do if I am unable to respond to a media request because of my storage?
In order to upload the media you will need to choose one of the following options:
- Switch your membership to gain additional storage.
- Manage your media by archiving media in order to make room.
- Abandon the file upload
9. If I switch my membership in order to upload a media request will I be locked into this membership?
No, you will not be locked into a higher membership. Should you choose to switch to a monthly membership you will be able to switch memberships at the end of the month.
10. What is the role tracker?
Role Tracker is a new feature that allows Premium talent to track the life of their Casting Billboard submissions. It displays:
- Project and Role Information
- Submission Status
- Submission Date
- Last Updated Date